Because oysters are so important to our local waterways, universities, government agencies and public interest groups have worked hard to publish many recent studies researching oysters, their habitats and the factors that may impact their growth and survival.
View recent peer reviewed research and white and grey papers below.
Reports & Handbooks
- NCDMF Report on Core Sound Shellfish Aquaculture Leasing
- NCDMF Recommendations for the Senator Jean Preston Oyster Sanctuary Network
- NCDMF Recommendations for Shellfish Aquaculture
- Economic Valuation of the Albemarle Pamlico Watershed
- Economic Assessment of Crab Hole and Clam Shoal Sanctuaries
- Design and Monitoring of Shellfish Restoration Projects
- Oyster Habitat Restoration Monitoring and Assessment Handbook
- Best Management Practices for Shellfish Restoration
- Prevention of Marine Debris from Shellfish Mariculture – Best Management Practices for North Carolina Producers
- RTI Cost Benefit Analysis on Shellfish Restoration and Enhancement
- Manager’s Guide for Calculating Ecosystem Services
- North Carolina Strategic Plan for Shellfish Mariculture: A Vision to 2030